Watch tutorials, webinars and informative videos about PreSens optical sensor systems.
The SFR software (SFRS) cannot connect to the device. What can I do?
- If you are using a laptop, it might have an internal Bluetooth device that interferes with the PreSens Bluetooth adapter. In this case we suggest to disable the internal Bluetooth driver in the control panel.
- If the measurements run on a laptop, check if the laptop was moved and is now too far away from the SFR causing the Bluetooth connection to fail.
- Check the Bluetooth driver.
- Check if other software is installed on the PC / notebook the SFRS is running on, that might automatically block the Bluetooth connection.
- Pause the measurement in the software, turn off the SFR and wait for about 30 sec. before turning it back on. Then resume the measurement. The restart might reestablish the Bluetooth connection.
- Stop the measurement in the software, turn off the SFR and wait for about 30 sec. before turning it back on. Restart SFRS; remove the Bluetoooth dongle from your PC and plug it back in. Now try to reestablish Bluetooth connection with your SFR and restart the measurement. (This procedure might take 1 - 2 min. Try to do this as fast as possible to avoid too much data loss due to the stopped measurement.)
- In case all these procedures did not work, turn off the SFR, SFRS and PC / notebook. Then restart the whole system.
- Go to www.bluetoothinstaller.com to repair the generic Windows Bluetooth driver.